Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sorry Ginny, I'm taken

Hello all. Just sitting here in the computer lab with Jeff and Josh surfing the web. As Stella said in her blog we had prayer meeting this morning, followed by our Wednesday lunch at Yum-Yum's. We have to clean the youth room out at 4:30 today. I'm really tired already and it's only 2:45. This will be a long, but good day.

Sunday morning at church the funniest thing happened. A lady in the church couldn't remember Stella's name. Then she said, "Oh yes that's right, you're Robert's wife." Stella politely said that we were just friends that met each other at university. So apparently Stella and I are married. Sorry Ginny, I'm taken. I guess you can be my side dish. (j/k) Stella and I cracked up about that. I love Stella a whole bunch, but a relationship between us would end up in a funeral. Good times though.

We have "school" tomorrow. I love the fact that my bus stop is right outside my front door. I really like school. It takes a new and fresh angle at discipleship and evangelism. It's really great and has made me think outside the box. I love it.

Well I'm gonna go and take some pictures of the room before we start the clean-up process. I miss you all and can't wait to see you again. Leave some love!!

-Robert

9 comments:

Stella said...

Amen to me having to pay for a funeral for you!!

Anonymous said...

Side dish, huh? Well then...

Lol, I just thought of something funny. Heather, one of the summer missionaries on the research team in Peru, accidently told someone once in Spanish that she would date a married man. And I guess the same goes for me.

I hope school is going well and not taking up too much of your time. Wow, how long has it been since you've ridden the bus to school?

I love you very much. I'm glad you are doing what God has called you to do, but I want you to come home soon anyway. I miss you. You know that. Sigh.

Counting down the days,
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

Shame on you dating while you are married. Lol that is pretty funny. I like that. Where are u pictures at? I clicked the thing where it says Wales pictures but it says the album is empty. Whats up the that?

Anonymous said...

You crackers didn't invite me to the wedding. I would have made an excellent flower girl.
Brandi

Anonymous said...

you need to look at my xanga asap...he he he he.
Bran

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert!! Sounds like everything is going great for you & Stella. JB & Joel have taken over your place of picking on me 24/7...which means now I'll have 3 of you idiots to deal with when you get back! JK!! You know I heart you!! Anyway, just wanted to drop a line. You guys are in my prayers!!

Much love,
Tara

Anonymous said...

Hola!
I love reading your stories and I can't wait to hear them all when you get home. That one was pretty funny. I have to say that I'm secretly pleased to hear that their youth room isn't as cool as ours. Derrick may have told you we may have to make another youth room because the group is SO big. It's a really exciting problem to have. See You At the Pole went well even though it may not shock you to hear that the praise band had a little drama. It's a long and silly story. Anyway, I'm still praying and I'm so excited about your ministry.

Anonymous said...

You and Stella married. Lord help us all. I'm not sure the world is ready for that. It would be funny though.

Melanie said...

Robert, I mean honestly, how could you do that to Ginny? (Not that I don't think Stella's a great girl, she ROCKS!) lol! Anyway, It sounds like everything is going really good, which is what I like to hear. Oh, and by the way, I'm applying for summer missions in France. Yippie!!! Well, take care and remember we're praying for you.