Monday, September 19, 2005

Home

Hello all. This will be a short post, as I'm short on time. I've had a good and restful weekend. Saturday was restful and quiet. Sunday was good again. Sunday morning I went with the kids to Sunday School. I love kids and hopefully these kids will love me.

Sunday night was a little more stressful. We had Youth Group and Lewis and Makafui were pressing my buttons all night. Even through all of that we had a great and productive meeting. The church is giving us a room for the Youth. Stella and I are letting them design how the room will look. They thought up a pretty neat design. Now it's not as nice as Jacksonville's, but it's pretty cool none the less. Wednesday we start the cleanup of the room. Let's hope all goes well.

Sunday night I moved in to my permanent host home. Staying with Pastor Fred and his family was great. They were kind and very hospitable to me. They really made me feel like a part of their family. I'm actually Uncle Robert to them!! I moved in with some senior adults. Their names are Alan and Elvira. They have a wonderful home and are also very kind and gracious to me. I actually watch ESPN Sunday Night Baseball last night. Granted it started at 1 am, but it was great. I'm going to post some pics of my room and their house.

I have to go. My first dinner with them. I don't want to be late. Yes Brandi, I was going to call you guys this week. Let me know a day and time that all of you girls will be together and I'll call. Leave some love!!

-Robert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you like the place you are staying and your new family. I miss you like crazy. I think it will probably be a lot harder for you to leave Wales than it was for me to leave Peru. It seems like you have just fallen right into your niche there in Cardiff. But I am happy for it. Three months would be almost unbearable if you were miserable. I thank God that you are having a good time, and I pray that you will make as much of a difference as you can.
Love!
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

hey dude!! well. i got home from a fun filled day at kitty stone and saw a flashing number on my answering machine. i went over and listened to it, and it was rather exciting! i am really sorry that i missed you. you are totally in my prayers. love you lots and will talk to you soon!
-maggadoo....