Friday, September 09, 2005

Insert cute title here

Hello all. This shall be a short post. It's 12:20 am here. I drank a glass of tea at 10:30 that's keeping me up. Here's what happened today:

Woke up at 11:30 am. It was great. I think my body appreciated the extra sleep. Had lunch and watched American TV. Good times. Stella and Joshua met me here at 5 and we left for our hour long bus trip to Rob and Jenny's. Long story short I lead us to the wrong bus stop. There are about 12 on our street and they all go to the same place. The one we were supposed to go to arrived 15 minutes earlier than the one we eventually used. Somehow we arrived at the house only 5 minutes late. I really don't know how, the double Decker bus we rode in sounded like it wasn't going to make it up some of the hills. Well the cookout was great. We met Jeff our last team member. Morgan (see Stella's blog) was sent home after arriving here in the UK. Long, long, long story but she should be here within the month. Please pray for her and the situation. It was good to get to know our whole team better. There are 3 missionary couples- Troy and Cheryl, Rob and Jenny (my favorite for obvious reasons) and Tom and Ann. Tom is from Trussville and Ann is from Oxford. They told Stella and I we could come over for sweet tea any time we wanted. They are wonderful people to learn from and work with.

I'm really starting to consider staying the full 10 months of the program. I'm not going to make a decision until November, but I need to consider it. I think I would be cheating myself out of a great opportunity if I didn't at least consider it. Money and Ginny are really the only things I worry about when I think of staying. I know money isn't an obstacle, but I'm a worrier. If I stay Ginny and I will have only spent about a month together during the year. She left in May and came back in August. I left in September and may not get back until July. Including the time I'll have for Christmas, we'll have only had a little over a month together. It's tougher than I thought it would be, and adding 6 or so more months doesn't help things. It may sound petty to some of you, but it weighs on my heart. Please pray for me. I genuinely want to make the right decision. I want my answer to be the same one that God wants.

I had a great title for this blog, but it's a long story. Remind me and I'll tell you the story of how to turn a Brit in to an American and visa versa. I said this wouldn't be long, but I lied. Thanks to all of you that wrote me a little letter at the Welcome Back party. You have no idea how much I needed that today. Thank you.

I'm going to bed. Coffee shop At 10:30 am and a meeting after that. I'll post more pics tomorrow or Sunday. Leave some love!!

-Robert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first for a change. Lol. OH by the way Jville won against Welborn last night 9-7. It was a good game. I will keep praying for you. I bet it is hard on you and Ginny not being able to see each other. I will pray that God will help you make the right choice. That has to be a really tough one.

Robert said...

Who was that?? I think it was someone from 1st Baptist, but who????

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to put my name. *slaps self* It's me Kayla. Sorry bout that.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see new pics! Especially the one with you in a wet t-shirt that you told me about. Might print that one and and put it beside my bed. Love you!!!!
-Ginny