Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hooray for ME!!

Hello all. I think that I may have to post more often. Since Wednesday a lot of stuff has happened. I may have forgotten some of it, but I'll try my best to remember. Here we go....

School was really good on Thursday. I'm not learning a lot in the terms you'd think. Most of what we are doing now is stuff I already know. It's about how to build relationships with youth and why that is important . That's not hard for me. I know that relational ministry is where the heart of God is. I think that God is preparing me for the stuff we are going to do in the near future. I can't wait!

Here at the church things are going well. We got permission to tear up the youth room tonight from the deacons. We have a lot of work to do and I'm really looking forward to it. As I've grown older I've learned to appreciate working with my hands more and more. We have to chisel away part of a wall and tear off some wood paneling before we can start working. We start that Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it.

Friday all the guys met at Troy's for our accountability group. It's going to be really cool. I'm going to get to know the Scriptures so much better. Saturday we had an actual American breakfast at Troy's house. It takes about 45 minutes to get to Troy's and we met at 9:30 am. But to have real biscuits and gravy I'd get up at 4 or 5 am. We ate and babysat Troy'd 4 kids until 4 ish. It was cool to just be around kids and not think about anything for an extended period of time.

Tonight Stella and I had dinner at Brian's. Brian is my favorite Welshman. He has a story about EVERYTHING. He is a retired history teacher and can talk the night away. We sat around and had intellectual conversation for about 3 hours. He is a riot. I really hope we can do that again.

On a completely unrelated note, I think that we are beginning to bond as a class. We have been hanging out with the Brits that are in class with us. We meet up every Saturday night at a pub called Dewi's. It's in the Centre City and it's really neat. Christians here are allowed to go to the pubs, it's THE social gathering place here. It's cool to go to a pub and not feel like I'm being judged. Well enough of that. I took some pictures at the pub Saturday. We had a blast. We all got nick names. Mine's "Tea Leaf". I have no idea why or where Nick got it from, but I like it. Check the pics out.

On a very personal note, please pray for me and my family. I'm not going to go in to detail, but we need your prayers. It's not life or death but I'd appreciate you keeping us in your prayers. Also please pray for me and Ginny. We've had an emotional week. We've worked through a lot of issues together and we need a break from stress. Oh, and the fact that we've spent 9 days together in the past 4 months doesn't help.

Life is good right now. This is the happiest that I've ever been. God has been so very good to me. I have the best friends anyone could ever ask for. I have a wonderful girlfriend that supports and loves me so much. She brings so much joy and happiness in to my life. I have a healthy family. I have 2 churches that love and support me on a scale that I don't deserve. I'm living a dream right now. Thanks to all of you that make my life great. Keep posting your comments and emails. I really appreciate all of them. Leave some love!!

-Robert

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm praying for you. Keep up the good work.
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Hey babe,
Hope you aren't staying too busy because that's no fun. Take it from someone who is frantically trying to get the BCM newsletter done at all hours of the night. I love you so much and really miss you. Putting the whole "9 days in 4 months" thing into words really made me think. I cannot wait till you get back home. This is going to be the best Christmas ever. Stay safe and know I love you.
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

Robert, I am so glad that I was able to talk to you on Friday! What a nice surprise! I am excited about all that you are getting to do. I am somewhat jealous that you are getting to do all this. It makes me more and more anxious about doing summer missions next summer. I love you and I am praying for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"...here we go..."
"....alpacas...."

Adam J. said...

Hey brother, I'm glad to check out your blog and know that you are doing well. things are going well here, no baby yet though. I've been working with your family some, and it looks to me like things are getting a little better, so be encouraged brother!

Also, what kind of nickname is tea leaf? Not very manly is it? I'm going to have some fun with that one for a while. Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon, please let me know if I can do anything for you, or anything else for your family. I love you brother!

Anonymous said...

Hello Robert. I'm really glad that you're serving the Lord over in Wales. That is so cool! I'm still praying for you!
Cilla

Anonymous said...

Hello Robert. I'm really glad that you're serving the Lord over in Wales. That is so cool! I'm still praying for you!
Cilla

Melanie said...

Salut Robert! Keep doing the great work God has called you to do. Don't get weary. We all love and miss you back at the States and you're in our prayers. Lots of Love!!