Thursday, September 15, 2005

Back to school, back to school....

Hello all. Well before I tell you about class, let me tell you about the trek to class.

We were supposed to be there at 9. It takes about an hour to get to class from here. Stella didn't arrive here until 8:20. We got to the bus stop at 8:25 and Josh arrived shortly after. The bus was supposed to get there at 8:28. At 8:35 instead of the bus stopping at the stop it just kept on truckin'. The next bus wasn't due until 9. We walked to the next street over and caught another bus in to town. We got on the bus at 8:55. Well long story short we arrived at class at 9:40. Oh, did I mention that it was raining during all of this? The sad part is that Jeff was an hour late. His bus just didn't show up. So all of the Americans were late to class today. Bad Americans. We blended well with the Brit students. We will work well and become good friends with them. Good times.

I really like "school" so far. They don't like us calling it school. It is the knowledge that they are giving us to support our ministry. Well anyways, it's really neat. I'll be getting a certificate (like a vocational school diploma) in Youth Sports. It will actually allow me to get paid for coaching and working with youth here in Britian. Maybe there is a job in the future for me if I were to move to Wales one day. Just a thought.


I'm actually beginning to settle in here. Not to say that this is home yet, but it's becoming familiar. Friday is an off day and Saturday I may go for a boat ride in the bay with the Lewis, Mekafui and Delasi. Saturday night I might babysit for Troy. Who knows. Good day, but long. Off to call my lovely girlfriend and then it's sleepy bunny. (for Maggs) Leave some love!!

-Robert

6 comments:

Robert said...

When I edit the blog it goes haywire. Check out my 4 news pics. That's all. Night night.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert!
I like hearing all the talk of being lost and missing buses and whatnot. It kindof reminds me of FBC. Speaking of which there were 73 kids there Wednesday. It was crazy and great at the same time. You'll have to use that Youth Sports thing because most of the new kids are 7th graders and they're pretty wild. It's fun though. See you at the pole is next week so you can bet the praise band is a little stressed. I'm sure I'd be whining to you if you were here. Anyway, I always enjoy reading about your adventures and I'll continue to pray for you. Love in Christ,
Catherine

Anonymous said...

A boat ride in the bay does sound nice. Have a take-it-easy day. You need one, especially after staying up so late last night to talk on the telly-fone. That was great though. I really miss you but I am feeling better today. Not lloking forward to the drive home though, because it is raining, thundering, and lightning. And it was such a nice day an hour and a half ago. Yuck. Well, I'm gonna go look at your new pics and maybe print some off when I get home. I love you so much. Talk to you soon!
Yo baby momma,
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

Ok, I had to comment on the photos. That pic of the road downtown looks just like I pictured it. And go Ford Focus!
What if I get a big wing like that for my car? And painted the whole thing pearlescent purple with pink racing stripes? I think that would be just beautiful.
-Gin

Anonymous said...

I understand your feeling of settling in. I was only there a week and felt as if I could have stayed forever! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying school and your pictures are beautiful. That country suprises me every time. I'll try to comment more now that my laptop has grown out of it's emmo phase. Talk to ya later,

Valerie

Anonymous said...

you never call us you cracker...
he he he...jk, but seriously, you never call us.
Bran