Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New Plans (maybe)

Salutations. This has been an interesting week. I know, it's only Tuesday but I feel like this week has been going for a month. (that sentence wasn't supposed to make sense.) I have some good news for all of you in the Roberto fan club. I'm coming home on Dec. 9th instead of Dec. 17th. Val and TJ's wedding is the 10th and I just don't feel right about missing it just so I can go to one more class. This is still tentative, but I think it's going to happen. I've already talked to Troy about it and he was very understanding. [Just a side note- Troy is the best supervisor/mentor I could have ever hoped for. We have MANY things in common and he is honestly one of the most genuine people I've ever met. He is really helping me better my character and become the man I want to be. We've been through many of the same trials and have the same outlook on most things. I wouldn't still be here in Wales if it weren't for him.]
I also want to go to Smyrna REALLY badly. This prospect has really interested Stella, so help me convince her to leave early as well. If everything works out all of these things will happen. I can't wait to get home to all of my friends and family. I had no idea the amount of emotional strain that being on the mission field puts on you.

This leads me to my next point. I know that Stella and I have said that we need your prayers. We've needed them the whole trip and we thank you for them. They are the only things that have kept us sane during this trip. Well that time has come again. Troy and I are starting some really intensive counseling sessions this week. They will continue for the 39 days that I have left here. I don't really want to go in to details about it on my journal. I just really need prayer and support from all of you guys right now. There are things in my life that need to change. I'm tired of dealing with these issues and now is the time for change. It's going to be grueling and tough, but worth every bit of the hard work and stress. Thanks in advance!

As Stella said in her blog things are going really well with our youth. Thank God for the change in their attitudes. Last Sunday really made all of the trials and stress worth it. Continue to pray for our efforts with these Youth. Here are their names. Delasi, Makafui, Louis, Aaron, Timbali (sp?). These are our regulars on Sunday nights for our bible study.

Sorry that some of this post wasn't more cheerful. This place can really sap you of your joy sometimes. It's starting to do that to me, but I've started to put a stop to it. I miss all of you and can't wait to see you again. Leave some love!!

-Robert

5 comments:

Stella said...

You are just mean! Trying to get other people in on your plan to make me leave early! LOL Yes, I'm thinking about it, but it's only a thought right now.

Anonymous said...

I love you Robert. I apologize for not being a better friend and keeping in touch. I promise this isn't excuse when I say that I am dealing with A LOT! I miss you terribly and can't wait to spend some time with you. I LOVE YOU!
-maggie

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Yay, yay, YAY!!!
I am very excited at the prospect of you coming home early. TJ and Val's wedding would be weird if you weren't there. I am sorry for my part in the stress you have been feeling lately. I am glad you are going to Troy with it though. I really think he can help. I love you and miss you so much. Talk to you tomorrow! Once again, YAY!!!
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert! This is Ben C., from your FBC youth. I've been looking at this blog occasionally, and I apologize for not saying anything to you just because I never thought of anything...not good enough reason, if you ask me, because anyone could use some words from home...ahem. Anyway, I'm glad to see the results in your youth in that the work's paying off, and I know God's teaching you more than you could ever type out there. I'm learning things just keeping up with your trip. Keep it up out there! I'll keep praying for you and Stella, and I'm looking forward to your return!

Phil. 1:6
Ben C.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my little Duck Hair,
Words just can't explain how much I have been missing you lately. I continue to pray for you guys! I have missed you a lot the past two weeks so I guess God really wants me to pray hard for you! If you came home early I would be so so so excited. It would be the best if you went to Smryna!!! I will get to working on Miss Stella b/c I want her to come back to me too! Well, I know I am just rambling, but Robert, I love you very much and I miss you. You are one of my dearest friends and I can't wait for you to come home. I am so glad you guys are making stides with your youth! I know God is using you guys for his glory and to bring those youth closer to Him. Well, sorry this is so long. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Us gals at the saloon sure are missing you!
Bran Bran