Tuesday, November 22, 2005

blah...


Hello all. Another day, another dollar. Or is it pound here in Wales? Either way another day has come and gone. I've found that Tuesdays are the longest days for me here. With my accountability group, men's club, and then computer club it's a full day. I'm really sapped of energy right now. When I get tired I get homesick. So right now I just want to be home curled up watching a movie or Viva la Bam with Ginny. Maybe chillin at Struts eating a ribeye sandwich. Maybe Ginny and I would be grilling out with Val and Tj. I just want to be home right now. Sigh. My work here isn't done, so I'll be here a little while longer. This shall pass once I get some well earned sleep.

Things are actually wrapping up nicely here. I preached Sunday at church. It went really well. I had a lot of the members come up to me and tell me what a great job I did. I talked about how we've made duty and tradition the essence of what real Christianity should be. I talked about how we are commanded to be joyful and serve God with gladness. I thought I did a decent job. I gave myself a B-. The coolest part about it was I got paid!! I didn't know about the money before I spoke, so it was a neat surprise. £25!!!!

Josh has got me addicted to Soulcaliber 3. We go to the Virgin Megastore and play it. It's nice to have an activity that takes no brainpower. I know that Kevin would say that's why I'm good at it. While he may be right, I have a lot of fun playing.

Well, I hope that all of you have a great Thanksgiving holiday. I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Well, now that I think about it Christmas and Thanksgiving are tied. I just love the food and the time spent with my family. We are doing Thanksgiving at Rob and Jenny's on Sunday afternoon. Think of us as you stuff your face and watch the Falcons beat the Lions. Leave some love!!

-Robert

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Glad you only have 3 weeks left. It's so awesome that you got to see stonehenge. Cool. Can't wait to see you when you get back. I know we all will be glad to be able to mess with you. BTW You do have some brain power. lol. Not much though. lol j/k.
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Hey Big Man,

i just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and let you know that we are still praying for you. I love you Robert, can't wait to see you Dec. 9th.

love

Chad

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait till you come home. It is not to long before you come home. I know it will be hard being away from home on Thanksgiving. I will say a special prayer for you and Stella tommorow. Please know that I am thankful for you!
I love you!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Hey lil Robert!
I know haven't commented much, but that's only because I'm lazy, not because I'm not thinking and missing and praying for y'all all the time. I love you so much and can't wait to see your goofy self back in the states! I hope you and Stella have a blessed Thanksgiving...I'm definitely thankful for you two and your willingness...Have a great day, come home soon!
Love, Callie

Anonymous said...

Hey babe. Sorry I haven't commented sooner. But you know I was away from the real world almost all of last week, and since my horrible French Civ paper is now turned in, I can relax and actually read something I want to read! Hooray!!! Anyway, Can't wait to see you in 10 days. Wish it was more like five. Oh well. I love you, habibi.
-Ginny