Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving?!?

Hello all. So I had a first yesterday. My first Thanksgiving with snow. It started snowing around 9 pm yesterday while Josh and I were walking home. It eventually stopped. Well after I got home I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 2 am and started up to my room. I looked out the window and it was snowing again. Now I've seen snow before. But I've never seen it snow so hard before. It was really beautiful to see it snow with the church across the street in the background. Most of it didn't stick, but about an inch and a half did. Thanksgiving with snow. Nice.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, it didn't really feel like Thanksgiving. We had class all day and then us Americans hung out. None of us realized that it was Thanksgiving until about 9:30. No dinner, no family, no Thanksgiving. I called Ginny and talked to her. She's at the beach. Thanks Gin. I'm stuck in the snow and you are rolling down sand dunes getting sand all over you. Way to be sympathetic. I also called the family. It was good to hear from them. I think they are what make the holidays for me. Ahh. Christmas is only a month away. So you hear that all my people? Only one more month for you to find my gift. Not you Ginny. You know what I want from you. (it's nothing bad) Early Merry Christmas everyone!! ( I have no idea why I wrote that.)

Well off to bed for me. My time here is rapidly winding down. I'll miss this place and the people that I met here, but I am SO ready to be home. Until I'm home, leave some love.

-Robert

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow is cool...
Brandi
Come home soon duck hair.

Adam J. said...

hey man, looking forward to seeing you when you get back. Maybe you can actually come over and hang out for a while...

Anonymous said...

I am still finding sand in places it shouldn't be. Oh well. I miss you very much and can't wait for next week! Mucho love.
-Ginny

Anonymous said...

HeY!!!!!! I can't BELEIVE YOU ARE COMING BACK IN ABOUT A WEEK!!!! YAY!!!! can't wait to see you!!!
Bethany