Saturday, October 01, 2005

No, it's October!!

Hello all. So it's now October. October is my favorite month of the year. Playoff baseball, college football, and marching band come to mind. If you've known me for more than 10 minutes you know that these are some of my favorite things. Also, the weather is perfect in the Southeast. 70 degrees with a slight breeze. Ahhh. I'm convinced that heaven will be much like this. The leaves turning colors and the smell of the crisp autumn air. These are all things that I'll miss this fall. It's cold here and it's starting to mist or rain every day now. The weather man says that this week might just be the last "good one" of the year. I'm writing this not because I'm depressed, but because I want you to go outside and spend some quality time outdoors before it gets cold. This is the time of year to go on a picnic with that special someone. If you don't have that special someone, go outside and read your bible under a big shade tree. Do it just once for me.

I'm doing much better now. Note: Things aren't getting any better.) Some things have happened since my last blog that are just as bad as what prompted me to panic. It's just that now I have the right perspective on things. I'm here for a reason and nothing short of God will stop me from completing my task.

My task must be something pretty special for me to come under such a fierce attack. I've been strengthened by my support group here. I've also been uplifted by people from home. You'll never know how much I needed you and how much you've helped me. To all my friends and family that have been thinking and praying for me: thank you. I'm better now and I'm more focused and together in my emotions. Gin, you are the best. You are a constant source of encouragement and support. I now know what you went through this summer and it helps me to understand you and your actions better. I love you and can't wait to be able to love you better. You were right to say that it's going to be great to put the things we are learning in to practice. I can't wait!!

Well, I have to go home and call my lovely girlfriend and go to sleep. To all you Alabama fans out there: ROLL TIDE ROLL!! I love it when anyone beats Florida. Leave some love!

-Robert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I got to talk to you today. I miss you and I am praying for you.
Bran

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow, you will have been gone a whole month! That's crazy long. I miss you so much. I am gonna talk to you in about 20 minutes and I am very glad of it. I hate this stupid busy schedule. I am full time school and full time everything else. Yuck. Well, I guess I'll head back to the house. It sucks that we aren't going to get to spend this fall together. It is my favorite time of year too. I love you!!! Ok, bye.
-Ginny