Wednesday, August 31, 2005

T-minus 4 days and counting

Hello all. This has been an amazing week and a half. I found out Monday that my entire trip plus a couple hundred more was paid for. On Sunday I thought that I needed $1500. Mrs. Joyce at the BCM and I had our wires crossed and our numbers jumbled. I only needed $1300 and that's what I asked for on Sunday morning in front of the congregation. Well as God typically does he showed off on Monday. Long story short, the last lady to come in the church office on Monday said that she prayed about how much to give to me. She said that God gave her a number and that's what she gave. Lo and behold, the amount she gave put the total for the day at $1500. He is just so amazing.

I got my passport in the mail today. So now all I have to so is pack and I'm ready to go to Wales!!

On a completely different note, Ginny and I are back together. God really used her trip to Peru to give her perspective. He taught me faith and obedience through it all. I'm not going to use this journal to talk about our relationship a lot. I just wanted to express how happy I am with her and how much I truly love her. She is so amazing and I am truly blessed to have her.

To all of my church family at Jacksonville and Lithia 1st Baptists: Your love and support have truly pointed me to the throne of our Lord. I am truly humbled by the unconditional outpouring of support, both financially and spiritually.

I grew up in Lithia Springs 1st Baptist. I wouldn't be the man I am without the upbringing that you guys provided. You provided the foundation of my faith that has allowed me to learn and grow in the Lord. Thank you so much for all you have and continue to do for me.

The Lord has brought me to Jacksonville 1st Baptist. I have met and gotten to know some of the finest people through the church. The feeling of belonging and the atmosphere of love has allowed me to grow more this summer than any other period of my life. To all of the staff at FBC J'ville: It has been my honor and privilege to learn from you and serve with you this summer. It is through your leadership and talents that God is glorified in our church. To all my youth and parents: You are the best part of my "job." It has been one of my greatest joys to serve you this summer. I will take a part of every one of you with me to my ministry in Wales. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for loving me and accepting me this summer.

Well, with all of that being said, I need to go to Wal-Mart with my lovely girlfriend. The next post will be my last from the States! Leave some love!!

-Robert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is such a provider! I am glad He took care of all your fianances...I knew He would. Well, time is winding down and you are going to leave soon. I am sure going to miss you. But know you will be in my thoughts and prayers often.
I love you duck hair...
Bran Bran

Anonymous said...

Robert, I wanted to tell you this either Wedsday or today but couldn't find the time. You have meant a lot to me this summer. I have looked up to you and I loved the fact you always joked around with me. I know you will do an awsome job in Wales. I looked up to you so much this summer. I may have hit you a few times but it was all out of Love. Do your very best in wales and lead the lost to the Lord.Make us all proud. :) I miss you already. Love you like you were my brother.
Kayla Goodwin aka Jawbreaker.