Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Vacation

I need one. Our ski trip was great. Other than the skiing part. It was 50 degrees both days. The "snow" was slushy and that made it hard to control what you were doing on the black diamonds. But on the good side we had over 10 decisions for Christ. John Gillis did our retreat and he was fabulous as always. Good weekend.

But then I had to come home. I'm just in a place that right now I was to run from all of my problems and be on vacation for a month straight. Wake up because that can't happen. With all of the family stuff that I've dealt with I really needed for someone to break into my apartment while I was gone. I really didn't need my couch or my table and chairs. That's what was awaiting me on my return to Jacksonville Monday afternoon. This is all a test of some sort, but why or how this is going to help me I have no idea. I just need to process all of this and get in a good place with it. My couch isn't coming back and all I can do is work on getting another one. Oh well. I liked that couch, it had a fold out bed.

I'm just running on empty emotionally. I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be better. In fact, I'm sure of it. But right now I'm lonely and I want to whine a lot. I just need some me time by myself or with trusted friends. Thanks for listening. I'll be better next time I post.

Robert

1 comment:

Karen said...

Praying for you...