Monday, January 22, 2007

Fringes

FRINGES by Shane Barnard
He stretches out the north over empty space And hangs the earth on nothing And how faint a word we even hear of Him And yet – our eyes and ears and minds get all the candy
I sing for grace For grace it lets me sing And all I’ve ever seen or heard Or haven’t seen or heard It’s His There is no other
All of this is but the fringes
And these are but the fringes And all the world hinges On His grace and on His word It speaks things into being And the spoken things revealing The glory of our God and King
I’m stumbling upon things that aren’t mine Things he spoke to life before time Name one thing that’s not One law or thought He taught the clay Molded it Behold, He called the sheep That’s why they came Sheep! Who by grace get a peep And make it cheap by calling it mine

"Behold, these are the fringes of His ways; And how faint a word we hear of Him! But His mighty thunder, who can understand?" (Job 26:14)


How much of our lives to we really get? Do we really see and live in God's perspective of us? Or do we just live in the Fringes of what God wants and has for us? I know I'm scared to fully embrace what God has for me. It's scary because it's the unknown. Moving to a new continent is a struggle, but so is talking to that random person about my relationship with Jesus. But it's not just in sharing Jesus that we fail to understand the fullness of His plans and desires for us. He has a plan for you and I. A detailed and formulated plan that was devised before the foundations of this planet were laid. A plan to "prosper us." I challenge you (and myself) to quit living on the Fringes of what God has foe our lives. Dive in. "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Obviously God is working on me right now. I have many things that are burdening me, but I'm trying to take hold of the promises that I've been given. promises that tell me that if I have faith God will bless that faith. I have another job I may take here at JSU. It's an intern position for the semester. The campus minister here at JSU is taking a leave of absence, and I'll be filling in for him. Please pray for me as I take this position. More importantly, pray for him and his family. They need your prayers desperately. Good start to the week. Let's see how this one's gonna go...

Robert

No comments: