Friday, April 13, 2007

The end of an era....

Just wrote a long detailed post that was lost by the Internet. Dang you Al Gore and your cursed Internet.... PS-Who reads my blog, I'm convinced it's me, Stella and Karen.

Ok, I'll try this again. Yesterday was our Banquet/Formal at the BCM. It was very bittersweet. We honored our secretary of 25 years, Mrs. Joyce. She is the rock that holds the BCM together. It was a well deserved honor. After that I shook my groove thang for a couple hours. I'm a horrible dancer. I know this. It's not that hard to see. But I have a blast dancing. You see, for 24 years of my life I didn't like to dance. But over the past year I've found the joy of dancing. It's great. Boy did I dance last night. Check out my facebook profile if you want to see me in action. (WARNING: The whiteness of my dancing has been linked to people laughing hysterically)

As the last song played last night (Closing Time-by Semisonic??) I was beset by a wave of emotions. They ranged from happiness to a bittersweet kind of closure. After 3 years of trips to Cecils, softball, SPOTS trips and everything in between, my time here at JSU is rapidly coming to an end. I've made some lasting friendships, visited some really cool places, and grown exponentially as a person in my 3 years at the BCM. The first formal I attended was very different for me. I didn't know many people and I was a bit shy (comparatively speaking). I wasn't completely sold on JSU yet. I actually had thoughts of leaving and returning home and enrolling at the local University. To come full circle at this place, to have such a strong emotional tie to this place is very bittersweet. To know that in about 6 months I'm going to start over is very....daunting. I finally settled in here. It makes me appreciate what I have now, and more importantly how rare what I have is. To all of you BCM'ers that read this thanks for the past 3 years. I'm a better person because of your influence in my life.

As I write this I'm packing for what will be my last official BCM trip. The new student leadership team and I are going to LTC (Leadership Training Conference) at Shocco Springs. I look forward to how the end of my BCM era ends....

-Robert

2 comments:

Stella said...

That's to depressing to even think about. What am I going to do without you here with me? I just.....I'll miss you Robert.

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert! I hope you're having a good time in PCB. I also hope you see that I'm taking a stab at being an internet person. You should feel pretty special. Maybe I'll see you at one of the games when you get home.
Catherine